September 29th, 2015
With its translucent beauty, glass countertops can be an eye-catching and elegant addition to any room in your home. According to the Wall Street Journal, glass countertops are gaining popularity among designers and homeowners as a unique option, especially in kitchens and bathrooms. These surfaces combine form with functionality and offer a range of design possibilities.
Glass may not be the first material you think of when you decide to upgrade your countertops, but it’s one that has a lot to offer, and here’s why:
Clean, sanitary surface. Glass countertops are a low-maintenance option that offers quick and easy cleanup. Germs and bacteria aren’t able to survive because of the non-porous surface. Unlike many other materials, any chemical or cleaner can be used.
Non-porous surface. High heat tolerance eliminates the potential for your countertops to get scorched, burned or melt. In addition, stains are resistant.
Custom product. Unique choices can be made from the variety of color and shape options. With it’s versatility, homeowners and designers can create a one-of-a-kind, contemporary look.
August 5th, 2015
According to the Review Journal, the quaint comfort that should be associated with a master bathroom is making a comeback. Traveling has become a normalized requirement for those in the workforce; designers and architects have found that practicality and customization are what’s important for a home bathroom.
This feeling can be incorporated into any bathroom, and doesn’t require a complete remodel. A new shower frame that could make the space feel cozier, or a tub enclosure that can speak to personal style, are options that can instantly change the atmosphere from stark and standard to relaxed and personal. Colored glass pieces are another alternative that would make the room stand out from the crowd, and pop with a unique flare.
July 15th, 2015
Mirrors can be used anywhere in your home. Design magazines often feature custom mirrors in living rooms, kitchens, master bedrooms, foyers, dining rooms and even outdoors. When you are thinking about redesigning a room in your home, it is important to understand that just as area rugs define spaces and add character, personality and color to a room, mirrors also elevate the feel of a room.
They are timeless pieces that you will have in your home for a long time so it is important to choose something you really love. At River Glass Designs, our craftsmen fabricate every mirror to ensure a perfect fit for even the most challenging spaces. Mirrors are available in 1/4-inch or 1/8-inch thickness, with antique finishes, polished or beveled edges. We also offer special mounting and installation options.
Posted in Custom Mirrors | Comments Off on Using Custom Mirrors in Your Next Project
June 18th, 2015
Transparent glass is getting a colorful makeover! Colored glass gives consumers the opportunity to perfectly accentuate their kitchen or bathroom with the perfect backsplash or countertop. Here’s how it works: pick out any paint color that compliments the walls, and we will turn it into your very own custom colored glass. Our pieces are chemically bonded together, which means they will not chip or scratch. The possibilities are endless!
If you’re unsure of what color suits your vision, we can help with that too. Once you narrow down your favorite color choices, we can create glass samples for you to test out in your home before committing. Test them out the same way you would with paint samples. Put them up, live with them for a couple days, look at them in different light, and inevitably you’ll know which one is the right color for you. Trust us, it’s worth the extra effort to make sure the color is a perfect fit, and complements your existing design.
May 19th, 2015
Picture this. You arrive at the office after a long, beautiful weekend and sit down at your desk. You look around and all you see is a dark, closed-off area full of walls, doors and partitions that separate you from your employees. While you are waiting for your computer to boot up, you realize what a bright and updated workspace would do for your productivity and happiness.
When you reach out to an interior designer, they explain that you need to incorporate glass walls into the design of the office, and here’s why:
- Increase collaboration. Glass walls can alter the way the office space is used. They can help to create a cohesive team where everyone is working together to achieve results.
- Improve communication. Employees will feel more comfortable approaching and talking with their coworkers when they can see the person that they will be talking with.
- Encourage creativity. When its necessary to think outside the box, employees need an environment that encourages innovation. Glass walls are vibrant, open, and alive, to connect the ideas of everyone on the team.
- Bring the outdoors inside. Employee comfort will be enhanced through the daylight that will come in from the glass wall panels.
- Strive for honesty and openness. If you are looking for a way to build trust with your employees, then custom glass wall systems will demonstrate that nothing is hidden “behind closed doors.”
- Create a new look and feel. Glass walls have a distinct modern design, which sends a message that your company is focused on the future. In addition to glass walls, adding glass shelving or glass backsplashes in the kitchen and bathroom areas can also create an updated aesthetic.
- Save money. Glass is extremely durable, and it won’t go out of style. Don’t worry about your office space looking outdated in a few years, because glass will maintain a modern look for a longer period of time.
If you feel like the business owner we mentioned above, come visit our award winning glass showroom for ideas, inspiration – and a free consultation. Our experienced team will walk you through the products, layouts, hardware, color and style options that could take your office to the next level